There are many reasons that Non-Profit Corporations are formed. Non-Profit Corporations seek to benefit others, and yet the Board members and Founders of those Non-Profits want to be protected as well. At McCartha Law we believe that Non-Profit Corporations are essential to the ongoing others centered philosophies that have made America the great country it is and we want our Non-Profit Corporations set up to PROTECT those Non-Profits, their Founders and Board Members, and provide a framework that allows Non-Profits to have flexibility and strength in pursing their formed purposes.
We at McCartha Law intend to EQUIP Non-Profit Founders and Board members with the necessary tools (legal documents, registrations, and counsel), and TEACH them personally; thereby, EMPOWERING them with knowledge as to what they have, how it works, and how they can keep it strong and true while understanding the limitations of a Non-Profit Corporation. Let us Protect, Equip, Empower, and Teach your Founders and Board Members in person with our Non-Profit Formation and Consultation Program.
Call Jennifer McCartha, CPA (functioning as the legal assistant to her husband attorney, Jason P. McCartha) at (256)270-4233 and she will speak to you at length about what we can do for you.
Our Non-Profit Corporation Formation and Consultation Program
includes the following (and usually more!):
- We Present 1-2 hours of an in person white board presentation and question and answer (Q & A) session with the attorney Jason P. McCartha and his legal assistant Jennifer J. McCartha, CPA as you execute (i.e. put into effect by signing, sealing, and delivering to the court) your Non-Profit formation documents;
- We Prepare a Certificate of Formation for your Non-Profit (formerly called Articles of Organization);
- We Prepare By-laws for your Non-Profit;
- We Prepare an Accountable Reimbursement Plan — generally required by the IRS for reimbursement of expenses paid for the Non-Profit (We teach you how to deduct the expense of actually forming the Non-Profit Corporation among other things and provide the forms for later reimbursements);
- We Assist you in Obtaining your EIN number and correspond it to your Non-Profit Corporation);
- We Obtain a Name registration for your Non-Profit Corporation;
- We Provide your Initial Board Member Minutes to serve as a guide for future required minutes (these Minutes also include a Conflict of Interest Policy and an Anti-Terrorism Policy to assist in the Obtaining of your IRS Non-Profit exemption letter discussed later);
- We Provide Annual and Special Waivers for future use (and explain what waivers are and why you need them and how to use them);
- We Counsel and Outline the pros and cons of who can act as your entity’s registered agent and why and how and even serve free as your Registered Agent the year of formation and can continue thereafter for a small yearly fee;
- We Provide counsel regarding what you now need to do when entering into contracts for your Non-Profit and what clauses in contracts can nullify your Non-Profit protection for that contract;
- We Counsel and Discuss insurance issues regarding your business and several issues we have uncovered in our former litigation practice that could be of eminent importance to you and your Non-Profit;
- We Provide an attorney consultation letter regarding a significant portion of the attorney teaching that Mr. McCartha will be presenting to you the day of your Non-Profit execution that includes necessary items to be included in your future Annual Meetings;
- We Present all of these documents in a handsome legal notebook;
- McCartha Law will send you several emails after our meeting, consultation, and execution of your Non-Profit formation explaining the issues concerning Non-Profit Ongoing IRS requirements, W2 verses 1099 employees and other issues that are critically important to your Non-Profit regarding your relationship with the State of Alabama, IRS and others; and perhaps most important to our Non-Profit Clients
- We also provide assistance in Preparing Form 1023 – the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Application for Exemption for Non-Profits (and have a streamlined process that takes much of the burden off your shoulders through a system that gives your Non-Profit the flexibility that it needs for future growth and expansion. Plus, our firm has a 100% success rate in obtaining Non-Profit exemption for our Non-Profit clients).
After writing all of this, we are excited to share this with you in person — call us in Huntsville, Alabama at 256-270-4233 and or email us on our contact page! We genuinely enjoy EMPOWERING and TEACHING our people while EQUIPPING and PROTECTING them against all type of angst.